July 24, 2010

Rated G

I have a tv-watching issue and probably should be supervised while watching it. Hence the guidance rating. Not because of the content, but because of what it does to me. When I watch tv, I pretty much can't concentrate on anything else. I'm very much like that 4 year old whose name you call but doesn't answer because he's watching cartoons. Except... I'm not 4. Like tonight, while watching Jay Leno, I stopped brushing my teeth and just stood there because I was so mesmerized by Jay and his guest. I even refuse to put a tv in my bedroom because I would probably not get any sleep. I've also had to stop watching specific channels, because if I didn't stop, my life would probably be wasting away in front of the tv. I think my biggest issue is that I get so wrapped up in the show. It gets absorbed into my bones and my mind. Like when I watch shows that have a lot of drama, I get even more overly dramatic. Or when I watch shows like Dateline (tonight's episodes were amazing. One was about a family who had to "play nice" with their son's crazy murderous girlfriend so that she would let them see their grandson, who she also ended up killing along with herself...whoa!), they stay with me for such a long time and I end up dreaming about them. But tv can be so entertaining and a way to escape reality. Maybe if someone would just monitor my viewing habits, then everything would be ok :-)

Hershey's dark chocolate bar (not all of it, calm down)

4 comments:

  1. ohhhh. I actually saw the documentary about that dateline, called Dear Zachary. We started watching Dateline at the beach and I saw what it was, and I was like "CHANGE THE CHANNEL!" because my family can't deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was crazy and amazing at the same time. Those parents were very selfless. I admire them. Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, see the documentary. Seriously. But don't. It's terrible. But good. How's that for a recommendation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty much your usual recommendation.

    ReplyDelete