July 23, 2010

How to MacGyver "blackout" curtains

Ever since I stayed in a hotel with blackout curtains, I have been in love. Curtains that make it seem like it's night time when it's actually noon?! So I've been trying to recreate this phenomenon in my own room at home. And today I did it! Not really, but close enough. So here is how you can do it too.
-get 4 curtain rods, and 8 curtain panels
- place 1 curtain on a rod, place 3 curtains on the other rod
-rest the rod with 1 curtain against the wall, above the window
-figure out how to attach push pins and rubber bands in an attempt to get the rod to stay against the wall
-fail at that
-place the 2nd rod that has 3 curtains in front of the 1st rod, but at least on the hooks
-spread it out as far as you can, so that it seems your curtains are covering ALL of the window and 60% of your wall
-turn on and off bedroom lights to see if you have achieved the desired effect
-repeat for 2nd window, kind of
-sit back and admire your handiwork and also exclaim how ugly your curtains and room look because you don't have enough matching curtains and one window is red, yellow, red and the other is green, orange, green
-go to sleep and hope you did a good job

No ice cream today! Can you believe it? Yea, me neither. I did have dark chocolate m&ms though.

No comments:

Post a Comment