June 19, 2010

Code 9!

Code 9! Code 9!. This isn't a "formal" code or a code that anyone else goes by besides myself, but it doesn't make it any less serious. Code 9 is when a coupon has gone missing. I've decided to call it "code 9" because any coupon that has a barcode that starts with a 9 does NOT double at the register. And not doubling is a serious offense. Anyways (the "s" belongs here....), back to the situation at hand. I had to call a code 9 in the house today because I couldn't find a coupon that I thought would make detergent 99 cents. That was until my wonderful roommate stepped in and helped me locate said wayward coupon. (It turns out that the coupon was for an entirely different product and I would NOT get detergent that cheap). But in all seriousness, I was reminded today how important it is to have people in our corner, even if they aren't concerned about a situation like you are or when you're in a situation in which you were "wrong". For me, it felt good to hear my roommate say, "what can I do to help?". And even though I know that she doesn't really care about a missing coupon, she cares about helping me. And if it's over a coupon, or if it's something major in our lives, it's always good to have a friend come to your aid. Thanks friend!

I'm just going to bullet list this because it was a beautiful dessert day!
-tiramisu
-chocolate cake
-cheesecake
-apple tart
Calm down people, it was a dessert sampler.

No comments:

Post a Comment