June 18, 2010

Old age

Grunt, groan, sigh.Today, I realized that I've gotten "old". The kind of old that when you get up, you make some kind of sound because your bones or joints or muscles hurt. Or the kind of old that complains about how hot, cold, humid, bright, or loud something is. Or the kind of old that sees "yougin's" walking around in outfits that are too short, too tight, or too loose. I'm not even that old chronologically, but that doesn't matter. All I know is that I spent today walking around a water park exclaiming how hot it was, how far things were, that my ankles hurt, that my back WILL hurt, that I was tired, that "that's gonna hurt tmw", and that those kids shouldn't be wearing that..... And then I realized that I was "old". When did I get this old?!!! And why did I think that this state of being "old" would never apply to me? Boy was I double wrong.

Dessert was slim today-hershey's special dark candy.

1 comment:

  1. this happened to me when I was your age (also: THAT makes me sound old). I was in my apt. in NJ and there were kids sledding outside at like 10 pm. On a Friday night. And I wanted to yell at them. Then I realized I was the cranky old lady in the apartment building. So I didn't. Sometimes we just need the awakening.

    ReplyDelete