May 14, 2010

Death by kissing

     We went to IHOP for breakfast today. And as I was nosily listening to the couple behind me, I heard the woman say, "I'll have sweet tea, no lemon" to which the server replied, "we don't sell sweet tea anymore, we have unsweet though". GASP, double GASP. The Southerner in my heart knew it was about to get crazy in here. I held my breath, expecting the customer to leap up, yell at the server, and storm out of the restaurant (totally appropriate response). Not have sweet tea? That's violation 1. Suggest unsweet instead? Violation 2. But the biggest crime of all was the customer's response.... "I'll have unsweet and just put sugar in it". This would not fly in the "true" South. Alas, this is South Florida. Enough said.

And...aunts say the darnedest things. My aunt told me that while she was out at lunch with my mother, she saw a man choking a woman. I turned incredulously to my mother, wondering how she could keep a story like that from me. And then my aunt says, "yep, he was drowning her with his tongue" :-). That's one way to look at it.

Here is a link to my friends' blog. I love these friends. I also love that they linked my blog. What I kind of do not love is that they believe I have cat lady issues.... I disagree

no cake and ice cream today :-(. just cake though :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment