August 7, 2010

I traveled these dusty roads just to get to you...Mayfield Ice Cream?

I've been super excited over the past two days over the thought of going to a local orchard and eating their homemade ice cream (after visiting Calabash Creamery, I want to try every homemade ice cream shop there is). Well today, my wait was over. I slipped into my shoes, grabbed my bag and put on my ice-cream-here-I-come attitude! And when I got to the orchard, I found out.... they got rid of their homemade ice cream because of the cost and now only serve Mayfield. Mayfield!!?!?! No offense Mayfied, but I can get you at the grocery store. And at least Spill the Beans mixes things into you. But the day was saved, whew, by the roomie and 55 exchange! Yummy times 2

2 comments:

  1. inexcusable.

    The BEST homemade ice cream I've EVER had was Hoffman's in New Jersey. Go. Seriously. It's worth the roadtrip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will. I will let you know when.

    ReplyDelete