June 7, 2010

Tear in moral fabric

    So I have been thinking about that horrbile movie I saw yesterday and it continues to bother me, more like haunt me. I totally thought Splice was about some creature (genetic or alien) that started terrorizing people. That, I could handle. What I couldn't handle was that it was about two scientists who didn't know when enough was enough and plunged head first into moral degradation. In response to their current experiment being halted, the 2 scientists (and also lovers) decide to create a creature that was part bird, fish, rat, some other animal and then infuse it with human DNA . They had created a first blob thing before (minus the human part), which was being used to sythesize proteins and for medical purposes, yada yada. Anyways, this 2nd creature ends up being a female thing (the female scientist used her OWN DNA), that they raise like a child (except the fact that she looks like a hybrid human and HAS A STINGER on the end of her TAIL). Long and disgusting story short, she/it and the male scientist end up sleeping together (yuck!). And then the she/it turns into a male he/it (thanks to some genetic mutation), rapes the female scientist and then kills the male scientist. The movie ends with the female scientist pregnant and taking money from some corporation in order to carry her baby/creature/gross thing to full term. Sigh. Why was this a movie? And who thought of a story like this? Could humanity really be capable of doing something like this? I feel like I need to cleanse my soul with bleach. Blech

A lovely chocolate cake with some Edy's ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a weird nightmare that a crazy person would have, and we'd all be like "yeah, that's dumb." But then they made it into a movie.

    ReplyDelete