July 26, 2010

Oh dear, a deer!

I did it! I successfully avoided mating my car with two deer that were on the side of the road. As I was on my way home thinking about what to blog about today, inspiration pointed their beady little eyes at me. I did the appropriate thing, I slowed down and waited to see what they would do which was run back into the bushes instead of into my lane. This is much better than my reaction last week which was screaming and swerving my car to the left (thank goodness there were no on-coming cars). I am soo proud of myself. It doesn't matter that for the next 4 miles, I drove 35 mpg in a 55 or that I imagined deer at every turn, including this giganto bird that I somehow convinced myself was a deer with wings. FYI, deer and cockroaches bring about the same reaction in me; I dislike them both. Yeah, deer are beautiful. But you know what, not when they're in the side of your car. So Me-1, deer-0. Yay!

The last of Edy's oreo fdd.

2 comments:

  1. you wouldn't be able to hack it in NJ. Those deer are playing Frogger with you. Old school reference, look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Good thing you're not moving back there cause I wouldn't come visit you. Listen punk, I know what frogger is. Don't act like you're that much older than me.

    ReplyDelete